Sunday, December 11, 2011

High School Stupid: H Biology

There are some very special kids at my High School. I will just use a conversation I had with my friend as proof of this. So, in my Honors Biology class, my teacher likes to screw with us a bit. On every test, he likes to 'push' us by putting a few questions in abot a topic that we did not discuss. My friend was complaining about the most recent test.

 Friend: I hate these tests! I got all the questions abot Homostasis wrong. When did we even talk about this?

Me: I got those questions right...

 How? We never talked about them.

 Well, think about it. What does the prefix homo mean?

 Gay.

 What?! No! But we will work with that. What does homosexual mean?

 Gay.

 No! Well, more or less. It leans closer towards...

 Bi?

 Yes, Bisexual or same sex. So if homosexual means same sex, then what does homo mean?

 Gay.

 NO! Homo does not mean gay! Think, if homosexual means same sex, homosexual, SAME sex, then what does homo mean?

 ...

 ...

 ...

Opposite?

 At that point I just gave up. I don't know what is worse, the fact that it actually happened, or the fact that this is an HONORS class. Follow for more to come. -TBK

No comments:

Post a Comment